Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Did you know it is Lightning Awareness Week?
Did you know that lightning has killed over sixty people this year?
It is also very pretty, comes with its own amazing surround sound and is something I love to photograph!
Just make sure if you do decide to try your hand at photographing lightning, you do so safely.
Lightning photography safety tips.
1. Stay in your car when it is very close.
2. Use a remote control if you have one.
3. Window mounts work well and will keep you and your camera dry.
4. If you can hear thunder, you can be hit by lightning.
5. Don't park under power poles, cell phone towers or under trees.
Read more official lightning safety tips by clicking on the title of this post.
Posted by Steve Douglass at 8:13 AM
Click to enlarge!
Please click on each image to enlarge them and see them in their proper color and contrast.