All original images (C) Steve Douglass unless otherwise noted.

All original images (C) Steve Douglass unless otherwise noted. Permission required for commercial use or publishing.

ABC7's Live Scanner Feed!

>

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ragged Before The Rain


It amazes me that we have been so blessed with wet weather recently. Usually (in August) we do get a few storms that drift out of New Mexico and if they hold together we receive a few one hundredths of an inch of rain and a bit of lightning.

But over the last few weeks I've received (in my personal rain bucket) over three inches. if the moisture pipeline remains open, and when the cold fronts start coming down from canada in the fall months, we may be in for one heck of a secondary severe storm season.

Stay tuned!

-Steve

1 comment:

torn80cj said...

I've been thinking the same way. I actually saw a supercell last night with beautiful structure, and it actually produced a couple of funnel clouds, I believe one may have been a true tornado. I was in the Geary Oklahoma area. I was actually stepping out of my apartment in El Reno to get some food, I happened to look to the NW and spotted the supercell. I ran back in and got my camcorder and took off after it because I saw the wall cloud when lightning struck behind it. The storm put on a really good show, the funnel clouds, the structure, and awesome lightning stikes. I was kicking myself for leaving my phone in the apartment, because I wanted to report the funnel clouds. I didn't see any chasers or spotters close to this storm. I usually see a spotter or two in this area when a storm is coming thru. I know 2 trucks were blown over by this same storm. Thankfully no one was killed.

Click to enlarge!

Please click on each image to enlarge them and see them in their proper color and contrast.